Copyright


All images © Peter Garrity - note image quality is affected by blogger - originals have significantly better resolution and sharpness

LITTLE OWL

27 & 28-08-2017 Green Moor

I had the great privilege of a young little owl landing on my head whilst I was fully camouflaged and leant against a wall. What an incredibly magical moment and testimony to all the hard work and hours spent studying this family of owls. The owlets worked their way down the wall and me being slightly taller than the wall became a choice perch for one of them. I got some nice shots as they hunted from a cattle feeder close by, the very place I hoped they would end up. Low light meant very low shutter speeds to keep the ISO as low as possible. These were taken around 6.00 - 6.15am before sunrise.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment